Always check your shipment for shortage before signing the delivery receipt. If you find a shortage, follow these steps to ensure your best chance of a successful claim resolution.
- Determine the number of pieces missing for each item
- If available, refer to the packing list for possible shipping errors
- Notify the carrier immediately
- Note the description and number of each item that is short on the Delivery Receipt
- If a carrier cannot locate missing items within 72 hours, initiate claims procedures
You will need the following information in order to file a shortage claim:
- Copy of original invoice
- Copy of signed delivery receipt with shortage notation
- Replacing Merchandise - If merchandise has been replaced, include a copy of the replacement invoice and the replacement freight bill
If you have any questions about what to do in the event of a shortage, or if you have any questions about the claim submission process, email email@example.com.